Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Back Porch


 These are just a few of the newest additions to my back porch.  The mint green topped garden bench I found in my grandfather's shed.  It did not have a top so my husband attached one for me.  I decided to experiment with chalk paint on this piece.  I found a recipe using cornstarch and water added to the paint.  It turned out fine, if you like the dull flat look.  Personally, I don't see all the rage about chalk paint.  I can add a little baby powder to an ordinary flat paint and achieve the same look.  I think I'll stick to my old tricks!  The green garden bench came from my favorite little junk store in Hearne where everything is $5.  That's definitely my kind of place.  I found my porch chairs there as well.  The cabinet came out of an old barn that my husband was working in one day. He has become a regular picker! 



No comments:

Post a Comment